Surrey and the surrounding area – What’s On
- Sparkling Afternoon Tea – Daily – Denbies Vineyard – 25 miles from Magna House
Enjoy a leisurely sparkling afternoon tea in the peace and tranquillity of the Vineyard Restaurant. Denbies award winning sparkling wine accompanied with a delicious afternoon tea, selection of sandwiches, cakes, scones, jam and cream. Beautiful all year round, overlooking avenues of vines, this is the perfect way to wile away an afternoon
- BetFair Ascot Chase Raceday – Saturday 17th February – Ascot Racecourse – 7 miles from Magna House
With a competitive Grade 1 race at the fore, the Betfair Ascot Chase Raceday is one of the most important Jumps fixtures in Ascot’s calendar. The Grade 1 Betfair Ascot Chase stands out as one of the season’s most prestigious races, with a roll of honour to match its reputation, including Kauto Star, Monet’s Garden and Cue Card.
- Ross Noble – Jibber Jabber Jamboree – Friday 8th March – Dorking Halls – 25 miles from Magna House
Jibber Jabber Jamboree marks Ross Noble’s 21st solo stand-up tour. To celebrate this milestone, he invites you to join him for an evening of the sort of inspired nonsense that has cemented his place as the supreme master of stream of conscious freewheeling stand up.
- Calendar Girls The Musical – 12th -16th March – Theatre Royal Windsor – 6 miles from Magna House
Returning to Windsor after The Girls are back – with even more laughter, more joy, more songs – and bigger iced buns! Following the death of a much-loved husband, a group of ordinary women in a small Yorkshire Women’s Institute are prompted to do an extraordinary thing and set about creating a nude calendar to raise money for charity.
- An Evening with Rick Stein – Friday 19th March – Dorking Halls – 25 miles from Magna House
A feast for the mind! Multi-award-winning chef, restaurateur, writer and presenter Rick Stein delves into his lifelong love affair with cooking and his unwavering devotion to the brilliance of great British produce in this brand new UK tour. From humble beginnings to the pinnacle of culinary success, Rick’s story is one of perseverance and passion. Discover how this self-taught chef, with no prior experience, went on to establish a thriving restaurant business that’s become a national institution.
- Royal Ascot Trials Day – Wednesday 1st May – Ascot Racecourse – 7 miles from Magna House
Ascot’s inaugural meeting of the 2024 Flat season is a top-class affair with important opportunities for horses to gain valuable experience at the track ahead of Royal Ascot. The seven-race card includes four specific trials for the Royal Meeting, led by the Group 3 Longines Sagaro Stakes, won in recent years by both Coltrane and Estimate en route to Gold Cup glory.
- The Brooklands Festival of Motor Sport – 18th & 19th June – Brooklands Museum – 9 miles from Magna House
This two-day extravaganza, features the three Double Twelve Competition events, Test Hill ascents, great food, music and entertainment for the whole family. The event celebrates Brooklands’ rich motoring and motorsport history, and is always held on the weekend closest to the anniversary of the original opening of the race track on the 17th June 1907. Soak up the atmosphere of the site and see both current and vintage cars competing on the Speed Trials at Mercedes-Benz World on Saturday and then on the Driving Tests on Sunday, on the Banking and the Finishing Straight. If you prefer to be able to walk around and study your classic cars, then the “Pride of Brooklands” Concours may be the thing for you.
- Royal Ascot – 18th – 22nd June – Ascot Racecourse – 7 miles from Magna House
There is no event in the social calendar quite as revered as Royal Ascot. After all, it’s reserved for the best; the best in racing – and, of course, the best in style.
- Egham Royal Show – 24th and 25th August – Caddey’s Field, Whitehall Lane, Egham TW20 9NW – 1.5 miles from Magna House
This year’s event will be the 164th annual show and it is a fantastic family event. The show features a main arena with attractions, a Lifestock Marquee, a Horticultural and Handicrafts Marquee, a live stage, childrens’ rides, vintage and classic vehicles and a Dog Show.